It is the policy of the Sun Hung Kai Properties Group, its subsidiaries and associated companies to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong. The Group also strives to ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
The Group is committed to safeguarding users' privacy on line, and will notify them of certain matters when collecting information. This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. Each time a user logs in to this web site and uses its services, they agree to be bound by the statement in force at that time.
COLLECTION OF DATA
Users may be asked to provide with personally-identifiable information such as name and e-mail address. This is necessary to provide them the various services and activities offered on this web site. Users are not obliged to supply the data, but if they do not, the services and activities will be unavailable.
PURPOSE AND USE OF DATA
Information collected is used for the following:
- monitoring use of the web site to help its further development
- compiling aggregate statistics about our users to analyze site usage
- collecting data for identity verification and record and maintaining contact lists for correspondence
- delivering information that users may have interest in, such as targeted banners, new services and products and other promotions and marketing materials
- contacting users regarding administrative notices and communications
The Group may also use information to match it with third party data (ie comparing two sets of data collected for different purposes). By subscribing to this website or by logging-in, users consent to this matching procedure when the Group deems it is necessary.
The Group may also use information as follows:
- sharing information, with business partners, subsidiaries and associated companies
- sharing information with content and service providers
If we add new features or services that might require the sharing of your personal information with an additional advertiser or sponsor, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to opt-out to receive these offers.
TRANSFER OF DATA
User information will not generally be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify them except as follows:
- if it is necessary to allow third party suppliers or service providers to offer services chosen by a user
- as required by law
- for administrative and other purposes deemed necessary to maintain, service and improve service
User information can be accessed by, disclosed or transferred to other people or divisions within the Group. These parties may have places of business outside Hong Kong, so information may be transferred out of Hong Kong. By subscribing to the Group's web site or logging in, users agree to the transfer of information to these parties outside Hong Kong. These parties have their own privacy policies and the Group has no control over their use of information, so the Group is liable for their use of information.
ACCESS TO DATA
Users have the right to request access to and correction of information about them held by the Group. Reasonable charges in relation to administering and complying with requests may be imposed. If users wish to check whether the Group holds personal information on them or if they wish to have access to or correct any inaccurate information relating to them, they can contact the Group's Data Protection Officer at or by post at 45/F Sun Hung Kai Centre, 30 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.